10 Official Specs for ZTE’s $199 Crowdsourced ‘Hawkeye’ Smartphone: It’s time for a little bit of technology titbit. Sit back, grab a cup of coffee and gobble the exclusive specifications of a crowd-sourced smartphone by ZTE. You might end up booking a one, amazed with the specs. But for now, it’s too early to decide, so what if the new phone is crowd-sourced (ZTE has used the contributions of internet users to obtain needed ideas for the new phone). ZTE’s online community helped the mobile company design the new phone.
ZTE, in 2016, started the project CSX to reinvent the ways smartphones are designed today. The company wanted to make an innovative smartphone for the consumers that would give them control over unique features. After months of research and development, ZTE decided to launch a phone with a self-adhesive back and eye-tracking capabilities, that would change the definition of smartphones in 2017.
At CES 2017, ZTE’s dreams transformed into reality with the unveiling of ‘Hawkeye’. The crowd-sourced phone is currently available for pre-booking at $199 through Kickstarter. However, the phone is most likely to get launched around September 2017. Below we will discuss the specifications and key features of ZTE’s Crowdfunded ‘Hawkeye’ smartphone.
10 Official Specs for ZTE’s $199 Crowdsourced ‘Hawkeye’ Smartphone
Read more to know:
- Operating System- The phone has Android 7.0 Nougat Operating System. The most advanced android enables multi-window view, multi-language settings, smarter battery and high-quality virtual reality. Quite competitive.
- Processor- Hawkeye’s operating system is power-driven by Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 625 processor.
- Display- The crowd-sourced smartphone under wrap features 5.5 inches full HD display, having 1080p resolution.
- Camera- ZTE’s Hawkeye has a dual camera with 12 MP and 13 MP with optical zoom. The phone has a 8 MP front facing camera.
- Battery- A 3,000mAh battery will be fuelling ZTE’s $199 crowdsourced ‘Hawkeye’ smartphone
- Connectivity: Dual SIM Card
- Memory- Phone has 3GB RAM, 32GB storage memory and expandable memory slot up to 256GB.
- The ZTE Hawkeye smartphone is going to flaunt NFC (Near Field Communication, a set of short-range wireless technologies). This allows the user to share small data payloads between Android and NFC. ZTE Hawkeye also has a fingerprint sensor rooted at the rear side of the mobile device.
- The external design of ZTE Hawkeye appears humdrum, the phone is believed to sport a few exclusive features as voted on by consumers. Per the design team of ZTE, its consumers wanted the Hawkeye smartphone to be a hands-free experience, therefore, the phone included an eye-tracking feature.
- The 2017 ZTE version has a self-adhesive case feature that allows the users to stick the phone to any surface. Just wow!
The phone is available in 15 color options and that is quite a range! With specs like the ones mentioned above and price of $199 (well, that is quite affordable as for now, but with demand, the price may increase), crowd-sourced ZTE Hawkeye looks promising. But the smartphone will be launched in second half of the year, probably in September, once the project is successfully funded.
So I guess after reading this article- 10 Official Specs for ZTE’s $199 Crowdsourced ‘Hawkeye’ Smartphone, you can infer that this device is priced very cheaply, considering the specifications.
If you liked the article then share with your friends and leave comments.