Do you know that your every keystroke is being recorded on your Windows 10? You might think that it is impossible as you have the latest antivirus or antispyware installed on your PC. But, what if your operating system is doing it on its own? Yes, it is a We are not talking about anyone else trying to hack your privacy or information. It is the default settings of your operating system that allows it record your keystrokes. Actually, when you install the Microsoft Windows 10 keylogger and follow the default settings, a keylogger is enabled by default. This keylogger is a part of the operating system itself.
You might find it strange but Windows 10 has always been on scrutiny for compromising its user’s privacy. About a year ago, it received a warning from French government saying that: “Stop collecting excessive data and tracking browsing by users without their consent.” Since we follow the default settings blindly and accept all terms and conditions, we give our consent to enable Microsoft Windows 10 keylogger to be enabled by default. Although Windows claims that it destroys this data from time to time, it is better that you stop it on the first step.
How to disable Microsoft Windows 10 Keylogger
Every keystroke on our PC holds the vital information about our privacy, bank accounts, passwords and more. If this information gets into the wrong hands, your accounts can be hacked or your email accounts can be used for criminal activities. Thus, it becomes extremely important to disable Microsoft Windows 10 keylogger before it leads you into trouble. Yes, you can disable it any time by following a few simple steps.
- You need to go to the Settings page of Windows 10. You will find it in the Start Menu’s left pane.
- Scroll down on the Settings page to the third row where you will get the option of ‘Privacy’. Click on this option.
- You will now be directed to the Privacy tab. Here, you will find several options listed in a column on the left. Choose the very first option ‘General.
- Now, in the general privacy, you will get some options on the right. You need to go to the third option ‘Send Microsoft info about how I write to help us improve typing and writing in the future’ and turn it off.
- Again, come back to the options listed in the left column. Move down on the list to find the option ‘Speech, inking, and typing’. Click on it to select it.
- When you select this option, you will see a button on the right with ‘Stop getting to know me’ written over it. Click on this button. This will clear off all the data that have been recorded and stored on your PC.
This will disable Microsoft Windows 10 keylogger. However, there is no harming in checking the other options as well on this page to ensure that they are set up correctly.
You might be interested in: How To Convert A Scanned Image Of Text Into Text