Did You Notice The ‘Blue P’ on Your Google Maps? If there is one true soulmate you have in this tech world, beyond any doubt, it’s the Google Maps. Google Maps application knows it all. She knows the place you live, work and visit. She even knows the traffic. And now she can reportedly tell the parking availability around you. Surprised? Yes, that’s true.
Google Maps can show you the best space to park your beloved four-wheel. You will agree that there is nothing more nightmarish than driving to a busy street, realizing there are not any parking spaces in sight. Google Maps apparently wants to help the car owners easily find the parking space (of course, to park their cars) at any location, without a headache. Well, literally. With the latest beta update, Google Maps can show available parking spaces near you with a blue P.
Did You Notice The ‘Blue P’ on Your Google Maps
Let us know all about the blue P on Google Maps.
- Google Maps’ parking availability option can be shown by the v9.44 beta version of Google Maps, from APK Mirror. This exhibits the actual parking situation at the location set as a destination by the user.
- A small, round, blue P displays the parking availability right next to the travel duration within Google Maps.
- The blue P has three levels showing easy, medium and limited availability of parking space. The blue P icon turns red when there is limited parking availability. This will tell the users how busy parking area will likely to be on their arrival.
- Users can easily find the parking space by further expanding the directions to get all the information related to the exact parking location.
- Currently, the parking conditions are displayed only for public places like airports, malls, and other attractions.
- This feature is not live for all users of version 9.44 beta of Google Maps.
- The feature does not provide the real-time information, but only advices what the overall condition of parking will be when the user will arrive at the destination.
- Google aggregates anonymous data from the turned-on location history of the users. This data is then used for mapping popular times and an average duration of a visit. A similar process is most likely to be used by Google Maps to get the parking information and offer parking updates as the app does for traffic information.
- Google owns a navigation service, Waze which launched a similar feature giving parking updates a few months ago, but now Google has decided to bring it on to its main navigation application.
- Reportedly, Google is crowdsourcing more user information to get real-time information on parking space availability.
Parking availability information and updates on Google Maps is truly a salvation for the car owners who face horrifying parking crunch all the time. If you don’t see the blue P, you just have to be patient for Google to switch it on for you in few next days.