How To Create A Password Protected Folder Without Using Any Software: There are a lot of options available to lock a folder on your computer to secure it from unauthorized access. But most of them require some third party software. Here in this post you will learn to protect a normal folder without using any external software but simply using a notepad file. Your Windows PC might contain some sensitive data which you don’t to be accessed by anyone else.
Please note that this method won’t conceal your data from someone whoc knows what they are doing. If you are a beginner then we suggest you not to use this method of locking your folders.
Create A Password Protected Folder Without Using Any Software
Follow below given step by step procedure to make password protect folder on your PC:
- First of all create an ordinary folder which will contain your password protected folders. Keep it at any location of your choice and you can name it anything you want.
- Now open this newly created folder and create a simple new Text Document
- Copy paste following code excaatly in the notepad
cls @ECHO OFF title Folder Private if EXIST "HTG Locker" goto UNLOCK if NOT EXIST Private goto MDLOCKER :CONFIRM echo Are you sure you want to lock the folder(Y/N) set/p "cho=>" if %cho%==Y goto LOCK if %cho%==y goto LOCK if %cho%==n goto END if %cho%==N goto END echo Invalid choice. goto CONFIRM :LOCK ren Private "HTG Locker" attrib +h +s "HTG Locker" echo Folder locked goto End :UNLOCK echo Enter password to unlock folder set/p "pass=>" if NOT %pass%== PASSWORD_GOES_HERE goto FAIL attrib -h -s "HTG Locker" ren "HTG Locker" Private echo Folder Unlocked successfully goto End :FAIL echo Invalid password goto end :MDLOCKER md Private echo Private created successfully goto End :End
Replace PASSWORD_GOES_HERE text in above code with the password you want to set.
- Save the file as locker.bat. You can save file with any name of your choice but .bat extention is must.
- Once the file is saved as batch file, you can delete the original text file.
- Open this batch file by double-clicking on it, doinf this will create a folder named Private automatically. Here in this folder you can save all your secret files you want to hide.
- After moving all your secret files in Private folder, go back once and run Locker.bat again.
- This time a command window will open asking if you want to lock the folder, press the ‘Y’ key and press Enter to lock your folder.
- After pressing Enter the Private folder will get disappear immediately
- . To open this password protected folder you can run the same batch file again. You will be prompted for password.
- After entering the right password presss Enter key. The Private folder will reappear but if you enter the incorrect password then the script/command prompt will just terminate.
This would be all for ‘How To Create A Password Protected Folder Without Using Any Software’ of you have any suggestion or query, please do leave comments and share in below section.