How to Dual-Boot Windows 10 with Windows 7 or 8: Microsoft is offering worlds biggest free upgradation for its Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 users. The big question now arises whether you should do it or not? well the answer to it is, of course you should do it. Today we are going to share the method so that you can keep both Window 10 and Window 7 or 8, whichever you are having currently. In this case you can preview Window 10 operation over your current Window 7 or 8.
Before we start to tell the procedure to do it, make sure you have backed up all important files. Most probably you’ll not lose your data, if you follow the procedure as we are going to tell you. But it is safe to just back up all important files. Now below are the steps with screen-shots to Dual-Boot Windows 10 with Windows 7 or 8.
How to Dual-Boot Windows 10 with Windows 7 or 8
1) Firstly make space in your drive to accommodate Windows 10, if you have plan to install Window 10 alongside Window 7 or 8.1. But if you have two hard drives and one of them is empty you can skip this part. Now how you will get the empty memory space for your Window 10?
For Windows 7 and 8, you can use the Disk Management Utility to fragment the disk memory. Press Windows Key+R then type diskmgmt.msc into the Run Dialog Box and press Ok button to launch it.
Now look for the System Partition-which will be C: drive most probably. Then right click on it and select Shrink Volume. But if you have multiple divisions of hard drive then just reallocate space to these drives to free-up the space.
As said by Microsoft the Window 10 has same system requirement as that of Window 7 or 8 or 8.1. As 64 bit version of Window 8.1 required 20 GB of hard disk space so you should get more than that. Just shrink the volume to get enough memory space for Window 10.
2) Download Window 10 ISO file and make a bootable USB drive or just burn it to a DVD. Microsoft’s Window USB Download tool works good and provide you with the facilitation to image Window 10 ISO file to a USB pen drive.
3) After putting Window 10 in any of the above bootable resource just keep the DVD or Pen Drive in the system and reboot. Your computer should automatically go into Window 10 installer even if it doesn’t then go to BIOS and change the Boot order.
4) In fourth step launch Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool and browse the ISO file. Now click the Next button just below it.
Install Windows 10 alongside Windows 7 or 8
5) Now you will get to the normal Windows installation procedure. Select keyboard layout, time format, and language of your choice then click the Next button.
6) Click “Install Now” button.
7) Accept all term of license and click Next button.
8)Select the Custom Install option(Advanced) and after that you will be able to Install Window 10 alongside Window 7, 8, or 8.1 whichever you have.
9) Select the Drive you just emptied to accommodate Window 10, which will further create a partition in the available memory space. System will ask you to select the Drive created.
10) Window will start copying files to system. After that Window will restart and ask to Select boot options. If you are a Window 7 user, the options will be in ASCII format rather than the graphical options displayed by Window 8.1. Select “Windows Technical Preview”.
11) Now system will copy more files and reboots. (Also See: Panasonic Eluga Icon Specifications and Price)
12) Select Window Technical Preview second time when system boots-up.
13) Then just login to your Microsoft account and do the settings as you like. After that you will see the Desktop and you have successfully installed your Window 10 Technical Preview alongside your current Windows.