Apple has released its latest and fastest iOS 9 operating system in market for upgrading its iPhone, iPad and iPod touch devices. The question is- How to download iOS 9 on your iPhone and iPad? Well, for doing so you need to check your eligibility for upgrading to iOS 9, there is only one condition that your iDevice should be launched in or after 2011. iOS 9 has many improvements over its previous iOS 8 which is going to benefit your processor many ways. Now if you are wondering that how to upgrade your device without losing your data and how to take backup of all your data before upgrading to iOS 9, we are going to discuss complete procedure to do that.
Is my iOS device is eligible to get upgrade to iOS9?
This time Apple has not been biased for any of its iOS device and almost every device is eligible for iOS 9 operating system. But there are some specific features that will be available for only specific devices-like split-screen multitasking will only come for latest iDevices only. There are some latest devices that will come with iOS 9 pre-installed like- iPad Mini 4, iPad Pro, iPhone 4S, iPhone 6S, and iPhone 6S Plus.
How to back-up my data before up-grading to iOS 9?
As usual upgrading your iOS is hassle-free process and goes smoothly without any lose of data. But we will recommend to make a back-up file before starting the up-gradation procedure to iOS9. You can take backup of your data on any Apple device, via iTune. Here is the step-wise procedure to do so:
- First of all connect your iOS device with any PC or MAC that is having iTunes pre-installed.
- Launch iTune software.
- Select your iPhone device icon on the top-left corner and click on it.
- From the options select Backups, a sub-head will appear with “Manually Back up and Restore” option. Click on it.
- Now click on “Back up Now”.
After completion of back-up process of important app-data, iTune will ask you to transfer data. You have to sign-in to your Apple’s account to do further process. Now if you selected it, all your apps and all data in it will be backed up. If you want to save your back up data on iCloud then you need internet access. To do this Apple has provided 5 GB of free iCloud space to store data if your data is no more than 5 GB then you no need to worry about. But if you need further space then Apple charges Rs.60/month from customers.
How to download iOS 9 on your iPhone and iPad?
Now as you are on safe-side with all your data saved you can just go for iOS 9 installation on your iOS device. You can do this with your device itself or use iTunes. As the size of full iOS 9 set-up is smaller than iOS 8 version, so installing from device itself will not be any problem. Here is the step by step procedure to
How to get iOS 9 update over the air(OYO)?
- First of all get your iOS device connected with a Wi-Fi connection because you will not be able to do this via mobile network. Also make sure that your device is fully charged or just connect it to charging port, as you don’t want your smartphone to get discharged during up-gradation.
- Now go to Settings > General > Software Update option on your smartphone.
- There will be message appearing on the screen that” iOS 9 is available”. Click on “Download and Install” button, Now downloading will get started.
- After the completion of downloading a pop-up will ask you-whether you want to install the update. Click on “Install” button. Now installation will start and your iOS device will restart. You are done successfully.
How to download and install iOS 9 through iTunes?
- Open your PC or MAC and connect it to the internet.
- Launch iTunes.
- Now connect your iPhone or any iOS device you want to upgrade to PC. Select your device from top left corner icon and click on it.
- Click on the “Summary Tab” then click on “Check for Updates”.
- Now click on “Download and Update” to start the download.
- After completion of download and installation of iOS 9 your device will get started.
- Now follow the instructions appearing on screen and you are good to go to use iOS 9.
For updates, currently more than 50% percent iOS devices have been up-graded to iOS 9. So we can say that iOS9 is selling like hot-dogs due to its cool features but its not guaranteed that iOS 9 will work perfectly with all devices. There is a possibility that some devices will face some issues with iOS 9. So we will discuss the method to downgrade iOS 9 to iOS 8.4.1 in our future articles.
There is also a manual method to update your device to iOS 9 that is using Firmware. But using firmware is very advanced method for regular user, so we will discuss that in our next article so stay tuned with our website for more details.