Kodak announced Ektara: First Hi-end Smartphone from the brand
Kodak introduced the first ever mainstream Ektra smartphone by the brand just before Diwali. The phone caters to who love digital photography and always want to equip themselves with quality digital camera.
Kodak is an ace imaging solution provider since 1970s. The craze for standalone camera has decreased significantly as many people use smartphones to click pictures. Thus the camera giant join Bullitt who is legally authorized to manufacture phones under CAT and Land Rover brands to come up with handsets under their brand name.
This smartphone is primarily for photographers. To attract photography enthusiasts it comes equipped with 21 MP rear camera with F2.0, Phase Detection Auto Focus, OIS and dual-LED flash. The Sony Exmor 4K sensor has exceptional quality. In addition to the auto mode, just like SLRs you have advanced manual mode to control exposure, adjust focus, ISO, shutter speed, and white balance.
Here Kodak added its special touch to the lens which is a special coating that reflects more light and thus, results into brilliant diffusion. Kodak is well on target to hit amateur to experts in photography. While for Selfie 13 MP camera with F2.2 PDAF is there.
This is the incarnation of original Kodak ektra camera launched more than 75 years ago. Kodak has installed custom built camera app which makes the settings/adjustments in real time. Ektra comes with a default photo-editing application by Snapseed. The photos corrected with editing software can be directly shared on various social media channels in real time.
Features of Kodak Ektara smartphone:
- The phone is designed and developed solely by Bullitt.
- The deca-core 3GHz MediaTek’s Helio X20 chipset gives blazing fast speed.
- Memory: LPDDR3 RAM
- It comes with 32 GB NAND flash storage which can be expanded up to 132 GB.
- The 5” screen supports Full HD (1920 x 1080) display with thin yet toughened Corning Gorilla Glass.
- The 3000 mAh battery is just an ordinary support that is found in other smartphones too.
- Type-C USB port is used for data and charging which doubles the speed. T his means you have to wait lesser for charging batteries. Type-C USB port is uncommon up till now and is available in newest Macbook and few of the smartphones like HTC 10 and LG G5.
The phone runs sixth version of Android- Marshmallow. It supports connectivity through 802.11ac Wi-Fi, BT 4.1 wireless module, a 4G/LTE Cat4 modem. Furthermore, with other normal features the phone is launched in Europe at a price tag of €499. The price point and design are the parameters to bank on. Kodak is eyeing customers who value quality in imaging, stylish design and originality. However, it is tough to position Ektra between the flagship models from Apple and Samsung.