Review for the CloudBerry Backup- A Cross-Platform Backup Service
Main Faults of Cloud Backup Services
It is generally very different to choose a competent backup service. Many services are not/ have not been structured well, and lose a large amount of data that they store during server crashes, which can be absolutely disastrous for their clients: Important records, files, and documents that are essential to the survival of the company are lost, causing total havoc for the company.
Others forget to or do not at all install a strong firewall, which results in malware and viruses like worms and trojan horses infecting the stored files. When employees of a company that stores data on the server try to download anything from their server, their computer (and all of the computers if they’re connected by a WiFi signal) are infected with the same viruses. The blame for this is shoved on the one employee, who is subsequently fired.
The History of CloudBerry Backup Service
CloudBerry Backup was released by CloudBerry Lab, a software company who incorporated in 2011. Their first product was the CloudBerry Explorer, a free file manager for Amazon S3. They released the first beta version of CloudBerry Backup in April 2009, with the official release occurring in October 2009. Since then, the company has been rigorously updating the CloudBerry Backup Service, with added support for other programs like Windows Azure and Google Cloud.
The Purpose of CloudBerry
CloudBerry, unlike the hordes of other storage providers, does not serve the same purpose. It does not provide any storage space whatsoever (and thus space must be bought separately from a compatible storage provider). CloudBerry wasn’t designed to be just another cloud storage service, and disappear among the hordes of other programs offering the same service. The actual purpose of CloudBerry is linking a wide variety of cloud storage programs and services, converting the whole of them into one intense, focused storage and backup tool. When all of our different cloud storage accounts are linked together, making a huge singular account, the long and tiring process of logging into each and every account, searching for that one file we cannot find, is totally eradicated. We can see and interact with all of our files, without having to log into multiple accounts, as CloudBerry links all of our different accounts and provides a level of convenience rarely seen.
Why You Should Choose CloudBerry Backup
A cloudberry is a convenience tool that was designed to make the already dreary lives of IT professionals much easier. When compared to other cloud backup services, it may seem that many of the services they proffer are not provided by CloudBerry. While this is completely true, this is very intentional.
CloudBerry Backup Service is a convenience tool, made for the express purpose of making the lives of IT professionals easier. CloudBerry brings all your accounts together, linking them, and lets you see all your different files in one screen. This makes the job of IT techs a lot easier, as it shortens the process, and provides many different services to modify and interact with stored files.
Different Plans Offered By CloudBerry Backup Service
CloudBerry Backup Service provides a host of services. They have different sorts of data backup and restore plans, all of which have their own pros and cons, unlike other such programs, who seem content to be stuck in a cycle of replicating each other’s features.
CloudBerry provides various types of backup like Image-Based Backup and bares metal restore and SQL Server backup and restore.
A full and comprehensive list of their plans, along with the features of each plan, is given below:
- Image-Based Backup and bare metal Restore: This is one of their simplest plans, and has features like:
- Restores Windows Server as a virtual machine in the cloud
- It doesn’t require space on the local HDD as it stores files directly on the cloud
- It can restores files on a USB directly from the Cloud
- It backs up only selected files
- It can restore to a dissimilar hardware
- It can restore to Hyper-V or VMware
- It support file level restore from image-based backups
- SQL Server backup and restore: This is the second of their plans. It supports advanced features like:
- It supports a full backup of any and all files present.
- It supports a totally differential backup.
- It provides the option to backup transaction logs.
- It has pre-defined backup templates
- It features restoring Microsoft SQL Server Databases.
- It can restore Microsoft SQL Server backup files.
- Exchange Server Backup and restore: While this plan has the lowest number of features, it has the latest, cutting-edge developments in backup technology:
- It features VSS-based backups of Microsoft Exchange Servers
- It has Mailbox- level restoring for Microsoft Exchange Server 2010.
Services and Main Features offered by/of CloudBerry Backup Service
CloudBerry Backup Service, besides linking all your different cloud storage accounts and letting you see and interact with all your stored files on one screen, also has a wide array of other features and services.
Namely, some of them are:
- Exchange Server Backup: One can backup, and then restore, Microsoft Exchange Servers on CloudBerry Backup Service. This also supports the latest version, Microsoft Exchange 2010.
- SQL Server Backup: CloudBerry backup Services provides the option to backup, and then later restore, SQL Server databases, supporting full, log or differential backups.
- Image-Based Backup: CloudBerry allows one to take block-level volume snapshots and send them directly to the cloud, allowing dissimilar hardware or virtual machines to be restored.
- Synthetic Full Backup: CloudBerry helps one to reduce the amount of data uploaded to the Cloud and speed up the process of creating a full backup, by the innovative idea of reusing existing data stored in the cloud.
- Restoring to the Cloud VM: This service allows one to deploy a Windows Server Image from a previously backed up copy as an Amazon EC2 or Azure VM instance. This enables us to get our physical or virtual server fully functional in no time at all.
- 256-bit AES Encryption: This service has the capability to encrypt backed up data with a strong 256-bit data encryption. When data is sent to the cloud, it is protected with an SSL encryption to protect it from being attacked.