EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Free 12 – A Comprehensive Review
Losing valuable data is something most PC users dread but sometimes it can take place, despite the best efforts to prevent it. From hard disk failures to someone getting access to your PC and accidentally deleting data- reasons can be numerous. However, we need to take suitable steps to recover lost data when we discover it. There are several third-party data recovery software and today we will review the EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Free 12. The free version comes with plenty of features and it is ideal for average PC users looking for capable, easy to use software to retrieve deleted data.
The features you can use
For free file recovery software, EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard 12 is quite feature packed and we were really impressed by its feature set. In fact, it copes well when compared with other data recovery application like a Stellar Phoenix in this regard. Let us have a look at the features of this software:
- Recovery of accidentally deleted files- Sometimes, we end up deleting important files and documents by mistake or when we are absent-minded. With EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard 12, recovering such mistakenly deleted files is just a few clicks away.
- Recovering data post formatting the HDD- Have you ever realized after formatting a hard disk partition that there was important data in it! With this software in your arsenal, you need not lose sleep in such situations. However, to enhance chances of data recovery from formatted HDDs, you should try retrieving as soon as you can- before your future data is saved on it.
- Recovering files from emptied Recycle bin- when we delete files from the PC, it stays in the Recycle bin from which it can be recovered easily. However, that is not the case when you empty the recycle bin. However, using EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard 12 it is simple. We tried recovering file deleted from the recycle bin and the software retrieved the data soon.
- Recovering lost HDD partitions- Apart from deleted data, this software can be used to detect lost partition and retrieve data from it. However, you need to act before the deleted partition is erased or merged with other partitions.
- Retrieving data from damaged HDD- If your PC’s HDD has received physical damage it can start malfunctioning, and then you need to replace it. However, you also need to retrieve important data from the damaged disk before you can replace it with a new one! EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard 12 can be deployed to recover data from it.
- Recovering data post virus or malware attack- The menace of virus invasion or malware attack looms over millions of PC users worldwide. Sometimes, stealthy malware can sneak into your system despite using preventive measures. Stubborn malware can lead to file corruption, OS malfunction and even problems in booting. After you manage to boot the affected PC using rescue disk or bootable media, using EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard 12 can be useful in retrieving deleted data.
- Recovering raw partition-For certain OS or hardware issues, sometimes you may find the computer’s HDD has turned into a raw partition. This software can be used to recover such Raw partitions.
Setting up EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Free 12 and using it
To set up and use EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Free 12, you need not be a technology expert. We found the installation took a few minutes and soon after we were able to use the software. It has a pleasant and uncluttered UI which will be ideal even for beginners. Let’s have a look at the ways to use it properly!
- Launch EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Free 12 using the start menu or desktop shortcut.
- After the software is launched, you need to select the hard disk partitions to recover data from.
- Thereafter, you need to pick a scan method. You can opt for a quick scan or deep scan modes. As evident from the name, the Deep scan is quite time-consuming. We recommend you use it when you want to retrieve data from lost partition or damaged HDD. In other cases, the Quick scan is the ideal choice.
- Based on the scan mode chosen, the software will use its pre-defined algorithms to locate deleted data. Then it will display the found data.
- What we liked about the software is you get the option to preview all types of files before recovering these. At this stage, you can also search for specific files- which is quite handy when there are plenty of data. Besides, you can actually save the session after running the recovery scan and resume the task at a later time.
- Thereafter, you can recover the selected files and save them to a destination (HDD or removable disk) of your choice.
So, what is the catch?
All free software comes with some limitations and the same us true about EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Free 12. You can recover 500 MB data in the free version by default. This can be enhanced to 2 GB if you upgrade to the paid software. You have to share on social media platforms to get the 2 GB limit. The free version misses out on Free lifetime technical support, Free lifetime upgrade and Bootable media creation for emergency
We are sure EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Free 12 is one of the easy to use data recovery applications. The setup is simple and the interface is sleek and easy to navigate. The step by step approach eliminates risks of things going wrong, largely. We found it is not hard on the system and system requirements are quite decent. It supports Windows XP and later systems and most of the Windows Server class OSes are also supported. There is a version for Mac OS too. It supports most PC file systems like NTFS, HFS+, FAT 32 and ext2/ext3 etc.
Summing it up
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Free 12 offers a lot without costing you anything. It is equally suited for average PC users and those using a network of computers. There are small limitations like data capping but they are not deal breakers.