A majority of Smartphone users have Android devices and most of them do not actually use standalone video recorders or PC based editing apps. The newer Android devices can be used to record high-quality video clips anytime and the multitude of video editing apps on Google Play can be used to glam up the footages! However, selecting the right video editor app for your android devices is important. You can pick from free and paid video editing apps available at Google Play Store. To find out the best video editing app for Android, you have to assess the apps on aspects like simple interface, features, format support etc. Listed below are the top 11 video editing apps for Android:
Top 11 video editing app for Android 2019
Adobe Premiere Clip
If you are looking to edit a video right from your Android phone, Android Premiere Clip is the app for you. The app is fast and can automatically create videos from the images and clips chosen. Various video editing functions like trimming, cutting, adding filters, music, effects, etc can be done with the app with ease.
- No ads in the app
- Direct photo sharing capabilities
- Automatic creation of videos
- Some basic video editing features missing like zooming etc.
Link to download: Adobe Premiere Clip
VideoShow video editor comes in both free and paid versions and it is one of the widely used video editing apps in Google Play. The app UI is sleek and you also get several elements to jazz up your video clips. You can pick from 50 different themes and the app lets you compress video files. You can save clips in HD formats without loss in quality.
- Sleek UI, easy to use app
- A wide range of themes
- HD lossless format export-supported
- Video exporting is not always smooth
Link to download: Videoshow
FilmoraGo – Free Video Editor
The video editing app FilmoraGo helps in performing all basic editing functions including cutting, trimming, adding music and themes etc. Customized videos can be made for YouTube or Instagram. Moreover, various kinds of edits can be done for beautifying the video. The videos can be saved in the gallery or shared on social media.
- Previewing clips in real time
- Import of photos from social media
- Great collection of templates and professional editing tools
- In-app purchases available
- Upgradation needed for accessing more features
Link to download: FilmoraGo – Free Video Editor
PowerDirector Video Editor
Made by Cyberlink, PowerDirector Video Editor is a good candidate for the position of the best video editing app for Android. It features a sleek timeline-based interface which users acquainted with professional video editing will feel familiar. The app is rich in video editing features and supports multiple languages. The free version retains watermark.
- Sleek timeline based UI
- Plenty of filters and effects
- Wide range of formats supported, multilingual app
- Support creating slow-motion effect footage
- Requires powerful hardware to work well
- Free version shows ads and retains watermark on clips.
Link to download- PowerDirector Video Editor
Create and edit videos with Quik. Free and fast, this app helps in making your own stories with the available videos and images. The automatic video creation capability of the app is praiseworthy. Add music, crop video clips, add effects and texts etc. with the app fluidly. There are no irritating ads on this reliable app.
- Compatible with Motion Photos and GoPro
- Edited videos can be saved as a draft
- Videos can be saved in 60fps
- Nothing as such
Link to download: Quik
One of the most convenient video editing apps for Android, KineMaster comes with a well-designed interface and powerful features. There is a drag and drop option in the app which helps in importing different kinds of media files. The editing process can be controlled for creating professional looking videos.
- Instant preview feature for editing and viewing
- Combinations of various layers of media possible, including images, videos, texts, stickers, etc.
- Excellent volume control within the clip
- All functions are not available in the free version
Link to download: Kinemaster
Available in one free and two paid versions, VivaVideo is another worthy video editor for Android users. The interface is simple and included a range of effects and stickers is amazing. The slideshow maker and slow-motion video maker are nice and add to the fun of usage. With a 200 million strong user base, it can be recommended as a worthy contender for the best video editor for Android smartphones.
- Simple and sleek UI
- Enough stickers and video filters
- Included slideshow maker
- Easy sharing option in social media sites
- Free version and lite contain too many ads
Link to download: Viva video
Not all Android users shot a video for professional needs and those looking for ways to create cool and funny looking videos should go for the Funimate video editor. It lets you transform video footages shot with your device into sleek clips replete with amazing music tracks and visual effects. The free version displays ads a lot.
- Great for making funny videos
- Great range of fun and DIY filters
- Online community of app users
- Private video sharing through Whatsapp within the app
- Larger footprint than most apps
- Not ideal for serious-minded users
Link to download: Funimate
Magisto Video Editor & Maker
Those looking for a top quality android video editor can surely pick Magisto Video Editor & Maker. The app is loaded with oodles of sleek effects and filters. Its editor has AI tech embedded, making things easier for the users. You can also create a slideshow with background audio and effects with still images. After editing, sharing your footages in platforms like YouTube or Vimeo is simple.
- Sleek, intuitive interface
- Slideshow creation is simple
- Instant sharing of video in online platforms
- Basic version is pretty limited in features
Link to download: Magisto Video Editor & Maker
Another product from the stable of Cyberlink, this one ticks most of the boxes for editing video on your android. The app sports a sleek UI and contains plenty of editing tools as well as filters to jazz up your clips. You can also apply slow motion effects to the clips. It is among the few android video editors with support for 4K video content.
- Sleek interface, plenty of filters
- Slow motion video creation
- Supports 4k Video content
- Includes a movie making tutorial
- Works well only with advanced hardware based devices
Link to download: Action Director
AndroVid Video editor
This is one of the nifty android video editors meant for people who can do without too many bells and whistles! The app is simple to use and lets you perform major editing tasks with aplomb. Sharing your videos online and making slideshow is also possible with AndroVid Video editor.
- Simple to use, neat UI
- Slideshow maker included
- Sharing videos online is possible
- Not ideal for advanced users
Link to download: AndroVid Video editor
Selecting the best video editing app for Android is easier when you are aware of your needs and priorities. Most video editing apps on Google Play have both free and paid versions. There are some apps aimed at professional users and you can find a few ones that focus on making funny videos too. Analyzing the reviews of these apps is also necessary before making up your mind.
- List Of Top ePub Reader For Windows PC
- The 7 Best Alternatives to Cable TV
- How To Add Your Fingerprints on Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
- VPN Router VS Regular VPN Service | Difference and Pros-Cons
- 10 Best Free Dating Sites for Introverts
- List Of Latest Shows Releasing On Netflix February 2019 | What’s New On Netflix
- Most Useful Sites or Tools For Content Creator
- How To Build Mobile App For Free Without Any Coding Knowledge