How To Activate The Hidden Dark Mode in Facebook Messenger
Facebook Messenger is one of the most popular instant messenger apps in the world. People are used to sitting on the Messenger tick-tocking whole nights but that leaves bad stress on eyes. For resolving this issue Dark Mode was introduced in many apps but Facebook Messenger seems to be lagging behind in launching the Night Mode. Even though they have not launched the feature to all the users but Facebook has already developed the code for it and kept it hidden in its app.
Here I am going to share with you just how can you activate this hidden Dark Mode embedded in the Facebook Messenger! This method is so easy and silly that it might make some people chuckle. Also, this method may not work on some devices as Facebook is rolling out this hidden update account-by-account.
Here Is How To Activate The Hidden Dark Mode in Facebook Messenger
The 2-step process to activate hidden Dark Mode in Facebook Messenger:
Step 1 – Send Moon Emoji
The first step is to send the left-facing crescent moon icon (🌙), not the moon emojis with smiley faces. If Facebook has hidden this easter egg for your account then the moon emoji will run down the thread and a pop-up will appear on your screen saying “You Found Dark Mode!” Tap on the “TURN ON IN SETTINGS” button to turn the Dark Mode on.
Step 2 – Go to Settings to start Dark Mode
Now go to the Chat Settings of Messenger by tapping on your profile picture. Toggle the switch in front of Dark Mode.
Step 3 – Dark Mode is Enabled
That’s it. Now Dark Mode is active on your smartphone. Dark Mode will enhance your mobile battery life and reduce stress on your eyes.
You can share this trick with your friends too and freak out by sending random Moon emoji. I hope the tutorial helped you in some way. Please share your thoughts on the Dark Mode!
- 19 Facebook Tricks or Tips You Had Never Known
- 7 Best Facebook Messenger Alternative (Android & iOS)
- Facebook tested plane mounted lasers that shoot super high-speed internet and transferred data at 40Gbps
- 10 Alternative Social Media Sites Which Do Not Sell Your data – Best Facebook Alternative 2019
- The Cambridge Analytica scandal hasn’t really hurt Facebook at all
- How To Check Facebook Messages Without App -No Need To Install Facebook Messenger
- How to read Facebook messages on iPhone through Facebook spying app
- Data Selfie: This Creepy Tool Tells How Much Facebook Knows About You
- This man landed in jail for 15 years due to a single Facebook post