12 Best Mobile Tools and Apps For Content Creators
In the digital age, content marketing one of the most essential thing everyone should do. Whether you are a small local business or an enterprise, you should consider content as a part of your business to get success. So, today or tomorrow you have to put your hand on content creation. Thanks to the apps for content creators that make your work easier.
Content is the key to online success so it needs to be good. Engaging content has the power to delivers your message to your target audience and drives leads.
The days were gone when the computer and sever other accessories are needed for content creation. Although many people are preferring to carry laptops to maintain these things, it is not possible each time. Smartphones give a super convenient way to create and manage content works no matter what format of content it is. Especially if you are a busy professional, these apps are for you.
Whether you are a business owner, professional content creator, blogger or hobby of writing, these content creation apps will make your life easier.
So, without wasting a second, let’s take deep dive into it.
12 Best Mobile Tools and Apps For Content Creators
1 – Google Docs
Whenever there is a discussion on the apps for content creators, the first name comes out as Google Docs. Content creators play with many types of files regularly and managing these files in cross-platform is like a headache.
Thanks to Google to providing such an excellent app to manage the documents through cross platforms.
- Create new documents or edit existing one on the go.
- Work anytime, anywhere even offline.
- Share and collaborate with documents at the same time.
- Everything is saved automatically as you start Never worry about losing your work.
- Your documents are under Google security so never worry about the security breaches.
- Some functions missing in offline mode.
- Device compatibility issue sometime
2 – Evernote
Evernote is one of the most commonly used productivity apps. It is the best tool for content creators to make a quick note of a content idea on the go.
Many people know Evernote as a digital notepad. It is not just a note-taking app. It has a garden of features waiting to be used.
- Take notes and create notebooks in different formats like text, photos, audio, video, sketches, PDFs, web clippings and many more.
- Use the camera to capture and scan stuff. You can comment on handwriting, printed documents, business cards, and sketches also.
- Ability to attach Microsoft Office docs, photos and PDFs.
- Create agendas, planners and use it as an organizer at work.
- Pushing users for the premium membership.
- App freezes and crashes sometimes.
3 – Adobe Photoshop Express
Content creators play mostly on contents. It may be texted base, video, audio etc. But one of the common thing in all content format is an image. It is an irreplaceable thing. So whenever someone says about photo editing and all these things, one name comes into mind i.e Adobe Photoshop.
It may not possible to stick with the PC to edit photos for contents. So Adobe Photoshop Express is an easy, quick and powerful photo editing tool for mobile devices. There is a garden of options to fulfill your every need.
- Many filters and effect to enhance photo
- It supports almost all raw file format so just Import and edits
- Easily add your custom text or graphical watermark on the image.
- Professional photo editing experience on the go.
- Consumes more phone resources
- Some issues with the watermark resize
4 – WPS Office
WPS Office is an all-in-one complete free office suite for Android devices. It is a must-have productivity app for content creators. The app was designed to give the best mobile office experience.
- Supports all office file formats and 51 languages.
- High compatibility with all the major office suite like Microsoft Office( Word, PowerPoint, Excel ), Adobe PDF, Google Docs, and OpenOffice.
- Converter all office docs to PDFs.
- Automatically save your office documents to the clouds storages like Google Drive.
- Multi-tasking options.
- Some issues with the default language setting
- Limited usable fonts
5 – PowerDirector
Many well-known content creators are furcating that, “video is the future of content”. Who knows the truth? But there is a possibility. However, PowerDirector is one step destination for video content creators. There are several other video editing apps are available but, this is possibly the best app for video content creators.
- A professional video editing app with easy interface.
- Create awesome video effects
- Edit video background environments with ease.
- Voice over & custom soundtrack capabilities
- Free version contains annoying ads
6 – Slack
Slack is probably one of the best team messaging apps. It provides a better way to communicate and collaborate with your team members and clients. You will feel like you are with your team no matter where you are or what you do.
NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory, BBC, IBM etc uses the Slack. So this is an app that claims to be in the content creators mobile.
- Communicate with your team and discuss the projects, topics, or anything else that matters to your work.
- Message or make a call to any person or group within your team.
- Integrate into your tools, workflow, and services you are using like Google Drive, Zendesk, Salesforce, Dropbox, Asana etc.
- Add some fun to your communicating with emojis and gifs.
- Quite expensive
- Lack of customization
7 – PDF Reader
Kdan PDF Reader is one of the most famous and downloadable apps on Play Store and iTunes. It helps you to manage, read, annotate, merge and do all types of operations with your PDF documents.
- It supports almost all type of documents.
- Mark-up PDFs with highlights and handwriting
- Scan any document to PDFs
- Supports 11 languages
- Free version contains ads.
- Lack of features in the free version
8 – Canva
Canva is one of the most important apps every content creators should have. It is not wrong if I say Canva is specially made for content creators.
With the help of this tool, create amazing and professional quality images, cards, graphic, poster and many more. Any list of best mobile apps for content creators is incomplete without Canva. It’s a simple drag-and-drop design tool gives the power to design images like a pro.
- Over 60,000 free professional templates ready to use.
- Over 3 million images to choose from.
- Simple editing options even a newbie can edit.
- All type of design available you ever imagine.
- Lack of advanced image editing options.
- A lot of features are available for paid subscriber only.
9 – Feedly
As a content creator, you have to keep update yourself with the latest topics. Feedly aggregates millions of contents spread across all over the internet through RSS feeds.
No need to run here and there for new content ideas or new keywords. All the content comes to you under one hood, in a clean and easy-to-read format.
- Feedly has connected to 40 million plus feeds.
- You can customize this app according to your use.
- Easy integrations with Facebook, Twitter, Buffer, Evernote, OneNote etc.
- Give you a clean reading experience. Dark mode is also there.
- You may be distracted by the promoted contents.
- Recently, some useful features are moved to the premium
10 – Grammarly Keyboard
Grammarly has become a star in the field of content marketing. After huge success in the browser extension, the company has introduced the Grammarly Keyboard app. Every content creators should keep this app.
The Grammarly Keyboard helps content creators write mistake-free with ease. It provides seamless integration with any app having hundreds of checks and features. It gives the confidence to improve your skill in writing.
- Sophisticated grammar checker (Most accurate grammar checker till now).
- Advanced contextual spelling checker.
- Helps you to enhance your vocabulary.
- Very easy to use.
- Free version contains limited features.
- It doesn’t function on Google Docs (Currently on beta testing Grammarly with Google Docs)
11 – Spreaker Studio
For the podcast content creators, Spreaker Studio is a very helpful app. It gives you the freedom to record and edit podcasts on the go.
Podcasts are also popular nowadays. So content creators are adopting audio contents also. Spreaker Studio is like a broadcasting studio that fits in your pocket.
- Record or broadcast LIVE on the go.
- Easy to use interface
- Real-time statics dashboard
- Auto-post feature for Twitter and Facebook
- Live chatbox feature to chat with your audience in real time.
- Sometimes it arises
- Paid version contains some useful features.
12 – Buffer
Social media plays an important role in content marketing. For content creators, it is the best way to get traffic and fulfill their business goal. To maintain all the social media is a headache as well.
Thanks to Buffer for providing such a service to manage all the social media in one place.
- Schedule your multiple social media posts at one place.
- Get easy-to-read analytics for every post you share.
- Share to multiple Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and Pinterest account from one place.
- RSS feed integration
- The free version is lack of features.
- Sometimes it arises trouble connecting to the account try reconnecting
These are some of the recommended apps for content creators. It will definitely help you out and make life easier. By the way, what is your favorite app on this list? Feel free to comment and let me know.