Google Is Shutting Down Inbox email and Google Plus social media service on April 2
You heard it right! If you had migrated from Gmail to Inbox by Google when it was launched in 2014 then you might be in love with it already. We already that knew that Google was planning to shutdown Inbox soon but a date was not fixed.
As reported by one of the Reddit users /u/jdayellow got a notification yesterday, “Google Inbox officially shutting down in 15 days” which means the reverse countdown has started and on April 2 the Inbox service will completely disappear.
As we can see from the screenshot the notification is prompting users to switch back to Gmail app and claiming that “you can find all your favourite features in Gmail app now” and Google actually brought many Inbox features to Gmail app including snoozing, smart replies, and nudges, which you may have noticed if you were using the main app too.
Not only the Inbox email client but also the Google+ social media platform is also dying for good. It wasn’t having great days with all the obnoxious spamming and un-moderated communities. Google Plus will shutdown on the same day April 2.
Additionally, well popular and loved instant messaging app Google Allo and Google Shortener platform is also getting shut down in this month itself. So we can say that tech giant Google is not only pulling the plug from its failed products but the ones loved by the users too.
In an official statement, Google said, “Four years after launching Inbox in 2014, we’ve learned a lot about how to make email better—and we’ve taken popular Inbox experiences and added them into Gmail to help more than a billion people get more done with their emails every day. As we look to the future, we want to take a more focused approach that will help us bring the best email experience to everyone. As a result, we’re planning to focus solely on Gmail and end support for Inbox by Gmail at the end of March 2019.”
- Several Google Services Including Gmail Went Down For Some Time Today
- Google Pixel 2 Caught Running Android Q On Geekbench
- Samsung Launched Its One Hand Operation+ Gesture App On Google Play Store
- F(x)tec Pro1 Launched Slider Phone With Android 9 and QWERTY Keypad At MWC 2019
- Long Awaited Spotify Has Been Officially Launched In India Today, Plans Start At INR 13 with Free Trial
- Indian Government Is Launching Its Own DNS Fast & Safe Browsing
- Big Security Flaws Found In Top Free VPN Android Apps | Free VPNs Are Not Truly Safe