15 Best Live TV Apps For Android In India To Stream Free Live Channels
If you have been looking forward to some apps via which you can watch free live TV on your android smartphone. Some of the best live tv app for android in India are mentioned in the list below. Some of these applications do not stream the TV shows directly from the servers but search the web directory for streaming TV channels online.
However, most of the Android TV apps are fake and mostly they try to put in adware onto your devices. Some of the apps even might as for some permissions which are not even needed for their normal functionality.
Below mentioned are some of the Android TV apps which help you to watch TV shows over your Wi-Fi or cellular network.
15 Best Live TV Apps For Android In India To Stream Free Live Channels
1. JioTV Live
This is the most popular and eventually most downloaded live TV app for Android devices. It offers 500+ channels which include 80+ HD channels. Availability of 10 genres and 15 languages is also there. However, you need to have a Jio Sim card in order to make this application work. A monthly plan of Rs. 149 can be recharged in order to watch TV shows in the app or the user can also opt-in for a plan of Rs.399 for a timespan of 3 months.
- Take the advantage of the catch-up feature of the application which allows you to watch past programs.
- There is a download feature which you can use to download your favourite TV shows.
2. Live NetTV
LiveNetTV has over 150+ live TV channels for free across 7 categories namely, Sports, Entertainment, News, Cooking, Music, Kids and Religious. This application is really popular for streaming regional channels as well as it streams the most popular TV shows all over India.
- No login account is required to watch the TV shows.
- No ads are there
- You can easily filter all of the shows by Genre, Year, Rating and type.
- The UI is friendly and very easy to use.
- It is supported on devices running on android 4.1 and above
3. Airtel TV
Airtel TV is yet another popular application which allows its users to watch Live TV and pictures. However, the only problem with this app is that it only Airtel SIM card users can use this application. The application has a number Hollywood, Tollywood and regional movies of your choice which you might want to watch. It has all of the major TV channels from all across India.
- You can view all of the TV channels and movies from all across India.
- You can create your own personal playlist and thus easily access your collection.
- Up to 5 devices can run this application from a single login ID.
- Variety of genres.
- Pause and resume feature.
This application streams quite a number of TV channels for most of the major countries namely India, USA, Pakistan, Australia, France, Greece, Canada and other American, African and Asian countries.
- Multiple Players are supported.
- No subscription is needed for streaming live TV.
- DLNA and Chromecast are supported by this app.
- Availability of HD channels.
- Supports Android devices running on android 2.2 and above.
- Works efficiently on Wi-Fi, 3G and 4G networks.
Liv by Sony is a country-specific application which delivers various live TV shows and movies to its users. The application is free to download. However, the free version allows you to watch TV streams and movies with advertisements and the version without the advertisements requires you to purchase the Liv subscription. This app streams premium sports channels too such as La Liga, NBA and much more. The live TV shows are for free with a five-minute delay. However, if you want to cut it off then you can pay a monthly fee of Rs.200 per month.
- Sony movies are presented only in India.
- Popular sports channel is broadcasted for free.
- Runs even on a weak or poor connection.
- Easy UI.
Exodus Live TV is another great application for viewing TV programmes and movies. The UI is fresh and really easy to use. However, the app contains ads even though it is free. The ad-free version can be purchased, however.
- Low rate of buffering
- No log-in credentials are needed.
- All TV shows and movies can be streamed in HD quality.
- Very easy to use UI.
Hotstar is one of the most popular apps used in India for streaming all of the Star Network channels. Various plans are available with the premium version of this app such as 199 for a 7-day free trial, Rs. 299 for sports pack and Rs. 999 for Hotstar Premium plan for a timespan of 12 months.
- Live channels which are stream by Sony directly can be enjoyed by using the premium membership.
- Movies are available in 17 languages.
Mobdro is a one-stop destination for all of the movies and TV series under one application. It provides the feature of live TV in more than 10 different languages. Thus the enjoyment of TV channels is not only limited to Indian channels but you can also watch foreign language channels too.
- Very easy to use and friendly UI
- No login credentials are needed for viewing the shows
- The feature of downloading the TV shows is there so that you can watch your favourite TV shows later on.
- No Ads
- Supports Android devices version 4.1 and above.
Yupp TV is the best alternative for Jio TV where you can catch up with various live TV streams.
From this application, you can record your favourite TV shows and thus watch them later on.
- Initially, you can sign-in to Yupp TV for free and enjoy the sign-up bonus and freebies.
- The advantage of keeping up with the referral programme with some cash in the Yupp wallet so that you can enjoy the TV shows for free.
- It has over 200+ Live Indian TV Channels, 7 days of TV shows which you might have missed to watch as well as Latest Regional and Bollywood or Hindi movies.
Zee5 is a popular entertainment application available in India which lets you watch all of the best TV series and movies available. The application gets approximately 35 million visits each month. The application hosts all of the popular TV series and also all of the Indian and Hollywood movies too. However, the ads are there. You can easily watch any movie without the need to make an account. However, if you want to watch all of the latest movies then a subscription plan is needed.
- TV shows and Indian movies totally free
- Simple and easy to use UI
- No sign-in account required.
- Categories and genres are available for quick access of TV series or movies.
Voot provides all of the TV shows which are shown in the popular TV channels named as Colors. This application even streams the famous TV show Bigg Boss on the android devices, but the only limitation of this application is that all of its content is limited to the TV shows which comes in Colors only.
- It works smoothly on 2G connections.
- App updates are released frequently in order to maintain the removal of the bugs.
- It has 50,000 hours of exciting content across genres, languages and audiences.
12. Vodafone Play
Vodafone has released an incredible application for its users. The app has a rich catalogue of various movies and TV shows. The app requires you to have a Vodafone sim in order to work accordingly.
- Has a separate section for kids.
- Services are free for the first 3 months after which a nominal fee of Rs. 49 per month is charged.
13. Tata Sky Mobile
Tata Sky Mobiles application is a mandatory application which all of the Tata Sky users should have on their phone. You can even manage your Tata Sky Account from this application along with watching live TV shows. The app has more than 400 channels in its lists. However, the only problem lies is that you can only watch the channels which you have subscribed to your Tata Sky account.
- All of the TV shows subscribed to your TV set on the Tata Sky account can be viewed directly on the users’ mobile phone.
- You can also record your favourite TV shows in order to view them anytime you like.
- The users can also pause and play live channels.
14. NexG TV
An application just like Yupp TV, where you can watch all of the regional content apart from Hindi or English. However, the whole application is paid unlike most of the apps which charges Rs. 5 for a day, Rs. 35 for a week or even Rs.99 for a month.
- Works smoothly on 2G connection.
- Watch your favourite TV shows or movies from your regional content.
- Watch the shows in Standard Quality (SQ) in order to save mobile data.
- 80+ live free TV channels.
Just like Jio, Vodafone and Airtel, Idea also provides its users with an application which allows the users to view live TV shows and movies. However, there is very less variety on TV shows. The application would work only with an Idea sim card, however,
- You can download your favourite movie.
- Has a separate kids section.
- Full-screen viewing
- Chose content according to the genre.
- Very easy to use UI and easy browsing
- Top 20 Free Stock Photo Sites for Free Images Download in High Quality
- How To Make Chrome Mark All Non-HTTPS Sites Not Secure In Red Color
- TOP 7 SITES TO FIND BEAUTIFUL FREE PHOTOS FOR YOUR BLOG
- 100 Most Useful Websites On Web You Wish You Knew Before
- List Of Top 50 Most Popular Blogs Of All Time | Most Influencing Blogs